Performance Management Cycle
The stages in the performance management objectives include the determination stage, the determination of target-oriented behavior, prepare the necessary support, evaluation and development and reward. Performance management process involves planning, coaching and review. In the planning are identified and defined levels of performance, what is the goal and how to achieve the target behavior, the evaluation of coaching, support and guidance on an ongoing basis through a two-way discussion. In the process of review and evaluation of achievement against targets set and the results used as feedback.
Performance measurement is one of the fundamental things in performance management. benefits as a basis for providing feedback, identifying the items to develop the strength of future performance, and identify the items as a means of correcting weaknesses and development. The move is in response to two main issues, namely whether we are doing the right thing and if it’s doing it well.
The main issues in performance measurement is that we have measured the strategic and add value to the overall organizational strategy. Another issue to watch is too oriented on results and ignore the process, a remuneration system that does not support the performance, and measurements that are not based on team business structure.
Performance evaluation has a different focus depending on the level of management. For senior management to focus the evaluation on the organization’s objectives and its ability to achieve major results. For mid-level managers have a balanced focus between the achievement of corporate goals, ability and standard tasks. For administrative staff to focus the evaluation on the ability to do standard tasks and outputs, while for the operator level, especially focusing on the output.
In the implementation of performance management there are five main components, namely:
- Performance planning, where the boss subordinate funds to attempt to formulate, understand and agree on performance targets subordinates in order to optimize its contribution to the achievement of organizational objectives. At this performance planning subordinates and superiors help translate organizational objectives into individual performance targets within the available budget constraints.
- Ongoing communication between supervisors and subordinates to ensure that what has been, is and will be subordinate to lead to performance targets in accordance with the agreement of both parties, it is also useful to anticipate all the problems that arise.
- The collection of data and information by each party as evidence supporting the realization of the performance of subordinates. The collection can be done through the performance appraisal forms, direct observation and a question and answer with relevant parties.
- Face to face meetings between supervisors and subordinates during the period. At the time the evidence is authentic performance of subordinates clarified, discussed, and concluded with a performance of subordinates in that period.
- Diagnosis of multiple barriers effective subordinate performance and follow-up guidance to do your boss to get rid of these obstacles in order to improve the performance of subordinates. With the diagnosis and guidance, the subordinate does not feel “blamed” for the failure to achieve agreed performance targets and intentions as well as showing that the issue is a question of superior performance of subordinates as well.
Incoming search terms:
- management cycle
- the performance management cycle
- performance management cyclus
- performance management images
- process of performance management
- performance management cycle model
- Performance Cycle
- management performance
- performance development cycle