Technostructural intervention is a model of intervention in the development of organizations that use technology and structural approaches in the process. Technostructural intervention emphasizes on improving organizational effectiveness and human resource development by focusing on technology and organizational structure. The intervention is rooted in engineering, sociology, and psychology, combined with socio-technical system, job analysis, and design. This type of intervention is highly dependent on deficit-based approach, which is the main idea is to solve the problem. According to Cummings and Worley (2001) approach focuses on improving technology technostructural organization (eg assignment method and design work) and structure (eg the division of labor and hierarchy).
Incoming search terms:
- techno structural interventions restructuring organizations
- techno structural interventions
- techno-structural interventions restructuring organizations
- technostructural intervention
- techno-structural intervention
- restructuring organizations socio techno
- technostructure interventions
- what is techno structural approach
- what is techno structural interventions in od wiki
Categories: Organization Development and Change Tags: design workflow, division of labor, downsizing, efficient technologies, hierarchy, human resource development, inefficiencies, job analysis, management work, organizational effectiveness, organizational structure, psychology, quality circles, quality management, restructuring, sociology
Job analysis is a process of systematic review of the activities carried out in job, which covers the duties, responsibilities and accountability to determine the knowledge, kill, abilities and personality traits necessary to perform the job properly.
- Human as workers: make HR strategic plan, selection and acceptance, training and development, career advancement performance evaluation, reward systems, health and safety industrial relations.
- Work and organization: for job descriptions, the job classification job design and equipment, technical and planning organization of work.
Job Analysis Method:
- Questionnaires: on-line, mailing, check lists, diares
- Interviews and observation, individuals interview, groups or technical work participation
Categories: Human Resources Management Tags: accountability, career advancement, development career, industrial relations, job analysis, job descriptions, performance evaluation, personality traits, plan selection, planning organization, questionnaires, reward systems, strategic plan, work job, work participation